BIOS is the Basic Input Output System of a motherboard which comes pre installed in ROM (Read Only Memory). ASUS which makes gaming motherboard provides the facility to update the BIOS through a software EZ Flash. Updating BIOS can result in improved performance, less temperature and more optimization, but updating BIOS is a very risky job. Any wrong happening during the BIOS update can lead to the death or improper functioning of the motherboard, so this job should be done very carefully with all precautions. In this post, i’ll share precautions and steps for ASUS BIOS update with EZ Flash.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU ARE FOLLOWING THESE STEPS ON YOUR OWN RISK, IF ANYTHING WENT WRONG THIS WEBSITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE.
- Backup current BIOS, in case restore.
- Constant Power supply, no power cut, keep UPS for backup.
- Don’t turn off or mess with anything while updating.
- Legit setup files from trusted ASUS website.
- Proper OS installed.
ASUS BIOS update with EZ Flash steps:
- Download the most recent BIOS setup from the ASUS website.
- Store the setup in a USB device (virus free).
- Connect the USB drive and power on your PC, boot to BIOS with the key notified.
- After entering into BIOS just check your BIOS settings and note them somewhere if you ever changed anything, else leave.
- Select TOOLS then select EZ FLASH.
- Check the current version of your BIOS and note it somewhere.
- Now select the USB drive in the section which contains the update setup and press Enter.
- You’ll be prompted for final time, review this and accept it.
- The setup will automatically install and reboot the system at completion.
- Follow till step 5 and check the BIOS version again to make sure it is successfully updated.
- Now apply your BIOS setting manually which I mentioned in step 4.
- You’re done.
Now if you followed correctly and did not messed anything then you have successfully updated your ASUS BIOS update with EZ Flash. For more updates in future you can follow these easy steps. Hope this post helped you.