Have you recorded breathtaking videos or lovely family moments through your DJI or GoPro cameras, but now you are facing problems playing them? You aren’t the only one. Most of us have to go through choppy 4K videos where audio/video is out of sync; playback quality gets blurry, audio or video won’t play, frame drops or file gets corrupted.
However, why does this happen? The 4K HEVC files are large and high definition. Firstly, they take a lot of your storage space, and their high definition quality causes lag in your devices. Here is a simple example – 60 seconds of 4K HEVC @60fps will require 400MB on your iPhone 11/Pro/Max/XS. In this scenario, if you take 100 minutes of video at the same rate, your 64GB iPhone/Android Phone will run out of spaces. However, 60 seconds of 1080p HEVC at 60fps (MP4) only takes up 90MB on iPhone/Android Phones.
Problems with 4K video after updating to Windows 10
A certain number of problems pop-up while playing videos on Windows 10. Some of the common issues encountered by users are –
- Incompatibility of 4K video files (4096 x 2160) most of the Windows 10 media players is also a problem. Where 1080p HD (1920 x 1080) works without interruptions. It is compatible with all popular media player softwares and devices such as VLC, Windows Media Player, iPhone, iPad, etc., even if some softwares can play 4K files, crash reports always follow it.
- Users are also unable to upload the 4K video files on social media platforms because of its huge file size.
- 4K video files can’t be shared via platforms like Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Whatsapp, etc. as it always exceeds attachment limitation.
- One of the most common problems is the large size of 4K files, which take up a lot of space both on hard drives and Cloud Platforms causing a shortage of space.
What’s the Solution?
To overcome all the problems related to 4K HD video files on updated Windows 10, like editing, sharing, and playing, you need to convert such files to MP4 format. For this, you should consider WinX HD Video Converter software that will fix all 4K video playback issues by compressing and converting 4K videos to MP4 without losing the quality of your video files. WinX HD is the best free Windows 10 video converter that can convert more than 200 video formats, all while utilizing your GPU in the most efficient manner.
Let’s have a detailed look at WinX HD Video Converter features and how it works.
Features of WinX HD Video Converter
All you need is a professional software to downscale 4K videos to MP4 without losing its quality on Windows 10. WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is such a helpful and powerful 4K to HD video converter that has received global acclaim for its commendable features which are mentioned below –
- It supports over 370 input/output codec formats, which include MKV to MP4, MOV, 4K HEVC/H.264, smartphone, tablet, action cam, drone, DSLR, camcorder, etc.
- Reduce 4K video size by up to 90% without quality compromise.
- Comes with six interface languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Chinese and Japanese
- Editing and Merging your videos can be done through WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe, where you can also add/remove subtitle files and adjust the volume.
How to convert 4K/HD with WinX Video Converter?
WinX HD Video Converter is an All-in-One 4K video converter that will effortlessly convert 4K high definition videos to MP4 format, which is compatible with Windows 10. Here we will be using WinX HD Video Converter to demonstrate how to convert 4K to MP4 format.
- Step 1: Load source file onto the WinX Video Converter.
- Step 2: Select an output profile. MP4 is the recommended file format as it is compatible with most softwares, devices, and social media platforms.
- Step 3: Choose a destination folder where you wish to keep the newly converted file.
- Step 4: Hit Run and your conversion process will start.
Download and start using WinX Video Converter to convert all your 4K HD files to MP4 for better playback and sharing.