Being an online beauty entrepreneur is easier than you think, especially with all the tools and technology available right now. All you need is a reasonable amount of capital, dedication, grit, and daring curiosity to actually become one. It’s also important to partner up with reliable suppliers like Asian Beauty Wholesale.
are strategic tips on creating your own beauty eCommerce brand from scratch:
- Research your business territory (i.e. target niche and competitors). No business entrepreneur should go begin their businesses without having at least conducted a fair amount of research beforehand. Doing your research is very important because it helps you assess and set your territory so you can dete rmine your business profitability and feasibility.
Researching your business territory includes analyzing the current market situation, such as determining the trends in the beauty market that you can capitalize on. It also includes evaluating your competitors so you can set reasonable prices and introduce products that will give you an edge in the market.
- Pick your focus and build personality. A business succeeds long-term if it has a core driving feature that sets it apart from competitors in the market and determines its staying power. This core feature is called your ‘business personality’. Much like people, businesses also have a personality that helps customers and patrons remember the brand and how it integrates with their life and beauty needs.
You create your business personality by choosing a core focus to represent your brand that aligns well with your chosen market needs. It usually revolves around core values that your represents, such as creating a beauty line that sources local, natural ingredients for your products, choosing to go vegan and cruelty-free, or donating a percentage of your income to a cause or charity. Other times, many beauty entrepreneurs also capitalize on underrated beauty niches, like producing products designed for boosting eyelashes or creating flower-infused lipsticks.
- Choose your business name. The next step is choosing a business name that will succinctly represent product and business core values that is appealing to your target market. You may want to think this through and ask opinions from other people to help you select a well-suited business name. You must choose this carefully because it’s going to be much more of a hassle if you decide to change your business name again in the future.
- Create a catchy slogan. After deciding on a business name, you will also need to come up with a catchy slogan to briefly explain what your brand is all about. If your business name is like your birth name, a slogan is like the set of adjectives that describe your values and personality.
Create a slogan based on the key strengths your business has that help your brand stand out from its competitors.
However, you may also choose to be loud, vibrant, and quirky with your slogans as well. Just take for example the “Maybe it’s Maybelline” tagline from Maybelline. It’s quirky and helps people identify the brand immediately.
- Design your logo. The next crucial step is designing your logo. A logo is an image, word(s), or a combination of words and images that provide a visual representation for your business. Your logo should be representative of what your business is all about and must be designed in a way that catches people’s attention and it should them remember your business easily.
When designing your business logo, it is highly advisable to work with a logo designer or advertising consultant to help you come up with a design that looks professional and maximize your brand personality. Be open with your designer about how you want your logo design to be, and be open also to their suggestions. Do not rush this process as this is an integral part of building your brand. In fact, it is common for many designers to come up with various drafts before settling on the final design that suits your business personality best.
- Choose your brand packaging colors. Choosing your brand colors ties in with your logo designing. You should choose colors that integrate well with your brand logo and packaging that catch the attention of customers. Using color psychology is helpful in selecting the right colors for your brand, as colors can convey particular moods and impressions, such as red for feistiness, green for freshness and nature, and blue for calmness and transparency.
Moreover, you should also choose a product packaging that will help you stand out among your competitors. Whether it’s by using unique bottle shapes, artistic prints, or attractive color coordination, product packaging is a serious art form that provides immense value for branding.
Being successful in the beauty eCommerce world requires creativity and careful planning with business strategies, which includes creative branding. Take heed of these steps to help design and build your own beauty brand for success.