Letterhead is one of the most important symbols of recognition for firms, both old and new. What makes a letterhead so important is the fact that letterhead is the premiere identification of business on any of the legal documents or memos. A neat and well-designed letterhead gives the impression of a successful business enterprise.
What is a letterhead?
In simpler terms, a letterhead is nothing but a simple heading on the top news sheet of your business papers. It carries the name of the company address, contact details, and a symbol or a unique logo of the company. Letterhead should be used for all documents, formal or informal, that are created within the area of business or sent across to other parties for communication or information.
Some of the activities where letterheads are used are as follows:
- Notice to the public or to a certain individual or group.
- Invoice or letter of communication to former or existing clients.
- Job letter to new employees or a letter of recommendation for any new employee.
Documents that use letterhead inside your arena of business are the following:
- Memos of minutes of meetings.
- Cover letter or cover pages for company proposal and presentation.
- Internal communication or command between multiple departments or people of authority.
More importantly, letterheads are used by the authorities of an enterprise to communicate to other institutions of note such as bands, both local and state. Letterheads are also a great symbol for a business or enterprise’s official website. Especially nowadays, the most effective and efficient way to communicate is through online communication. A well-designed website with an attractive letterhead instantly gives the impression of a promising company to prospective clients.
Why should letterhead be given the much-needed attention?
Since letterheads are the foremost means of identification and communication to a particular business, it is important to give proper time and attention to the designing of your letterhead. It is important to have a unique letterhead that is not inspired by all an upcycle of the pre-existing letterhead of another business firm.
Here are a few reasons why letterheads play an important role in business:
- They make a good first impression: Since letterhead is the topmost part of business letters, it is what any receiver will initially notice. Make sure to create an intricate and detailed letterhead and use good designs and complementary colors.
- Makes your organization look professional: Even in today’s time, all business transactions and correspondences, whether in a hardcopy or soft copies, are transacted along with a letterhead. Letterhead must not look as if it was done in a hurry; it must be used to project formality and consistency. So if you wish to be a professional and immaculate in your communication, make sure you have followed the proper format for your documents.
- Helps reinforce the company image: Letterhead helps in strengthening your company’s image through effective and efficient communication. Whether the purpose of the document is to communicate your business product, the idea for the service, to regulate internal or external information, or simply endorse, your letterhead plays a big role in establishing the reputation of your company.
- A letterhead helps serve as a potent marketing strategy: A comprehensive letterhead design makes it easier for people to remember and recall your company. Readers and receivers will memorize the uniqueness of your letterhead along with your company logo. Thus, memorizing your company name better.
- Letterhead hills in pursuing customers: The first impression that your document leaves is extremely crucial. In many cases, the letterhead is the first thing that will grab the attention of your clients. Clients and customers easily get attracted to a well designed and harmonious letterhead than one that looks it has been done in a hurry without giving much consideration to it.
Apart from designing the letterhead, you must also make sure the letterhead is printed in the highest quality. Many companies are considering four color printing letterheads for the growth of their business. The four-color printing letterhead enhances the design on letterhead with its superior quality and clear colors.