The steady rise in popularity of online betting shows no signs of stopping, and this undoubtedly has something to do with improved Internet connectivity, more people now than ever using smartphones, and softer regulations regarding betting online in a number of countries. Another trend that we’re observing is the prevalence of mobile apps, that are boldly taking the place of websites in online betting and enhancing the user experience of your average bettor.
Before the era of sports betting app development began, the sports betting apps were basic, with a limited number of functions and features. Since then, sports betting apps have evolved, featuring different functionalities that will satisfy every user’s needs. Today, bettors no longer need to go to a local bookmaker to place their bet, as all that can be easily done online with their smartphone. You can place bets, earn rewards and cash out from anywhere and anytime.
If you already own a business in the betting industry, you’re probably familiar with everything you need to know in order to build sports betting app. However, if you are a sports betting startup, read on to find out all you need to know to make a successful betting app.
Building a sports betting app: What you need to know?
There has been a consistent growth with more and more operators emerging the online gambling scene in the past few years. So, in order to succeed and come up on top of your competition, you’ve got to stand out. What do you need to know before you start?
Prior to starting your gambling business, you need to thoroughly research the market and educate yourself as to the risks and requirements. Identify your target audience and find out what they want from an online gaming website. For example, you can do that by taking a look at your competitors to see what is already offered. Based on this market research, you’ll be able to write a solid business plan and be aware of all the critical details about the organization of your company.
After you are done with your market research, you should also consider the following important steps:
- Choose a reliable tech partner
- Write a content plan for your website, covering all the topics that may be of interest to potential users
- Get a gambling license
- Choose a payment provider
- Come up with a solid marketing strategy and start implementing it to build your userbase
Must-have features for your sports betting app
Keep in mind when building a betting app is that there needs to be a wide range of sports for the players to choose from, as well as a variety of betting models available. Some features are more obvious than others, so we’ve come up with a list that covers all the basics and a little extra to make sure you build the best betting app possible.
First, we have the obvious features like sign-up and sign-in. As for the user panel, you’d want your sports betting app to have the following:
- General information on betting and how to use the app. This may include FAQs and how-to guides for new users to help them quickly find their way around your app, especially if they are new to betting. A nice gesture would be to have a section with betting tips for newbies.
- Sports selection. You’ll probably attract new users if you have a nice selection of different sports they can bet on.
- Players info and stats. You want your users to be well informed when they are placing their bets. That’s why it’s a good idea to include this data in your app. This also includes results of matches, rankings, and positions.
- Betting information and functionality. This includes the betting model and all the different betting categories available in your app. A big part of the functionality is in-play betting, instant betting, and payment options. A great idea is to have a section with betting odds set by authoritative sources.
- Schedules for games and matches. This is pretty self-explanatory. You want your users to know about the upcoming matches and look forward to placing bets and winning.
- Live streaming. A trending new feature is taking the Internet by storm. Live-streams are now more popular than ever and this will continue well into the future, so you better hop on this trend while the market is not oversaturated.
Other features that users might find useful:
- Push notifications reminding about the start of a game, as well as notifying about updates and promotions
- Support for multiple languages – this is important if you want your app to be used across borders and do business internationally
- Partial offline support. Some features, like tips, guides and FAQs could be available at any moment, even if the user is not currently connected to the Internet.
- Sports news. Keep your users always updated on the latest happenings in the world of sports.
- Messaging board or something of the like as a way for app users to stay connected and interact with one another, discuss matches outcomes and latest news.
When it comes to the admin side of the app, you’ll find it useful to have an admin panel with a dashboard and functionality to manage users, promotional campaigns and monetization, payments and payouts.