When was the last time you updated your biography on Instagram?
Since your Instagram profile is actually your new home page, having a good Instagram biography is more important than ever to help you increase your real Instagram followers. This means that your Instagram biography is well equipped to help you make a great first impression!
Tips for creating an Instagram biography that attracts follower
Add line breaks to your bio.
Have you ever tried to create the perfect Instagram biography but quickly become frustrated because the social network removes the jumps between certain words? This airier presentation style helps give a better impression to visitors to your account.
Here are some ways to add line breaks to your Instagram biography:
- launch the “Notes” application on your smartphone
- type your biography using the “Back” button to create line breaks
- copy the caption once you are satisfied
- Create your Instagram account, and then click on the “Edit profile.”
- paste the text in the “Biography” space
- Click “Finish” and admire your new biography!
Show up in more search results
Did you know that the “Name” field in your Instagram biography is referenced in the search engine? This means that the choice of keywords to integrate is strategic to be discovered by potential customers.
- Click on “Edit profile” at the top right of your Instagram account
- below your profile photo, you will access the “Name” field
- change the text to include keywords relevant to you
- once done, click “Finish” at the top right of your screen
Link your other Instagram profiles or hashtags in your biography
The social network recently gave the possibility to all users to be able to add clickable text in the biography. So, when you insert# or @ before a word or account, other users can click on it to find out more.
This can be very useful if you manage more than one account for your brand, or if you are currently setting up a campaign with a “branded” hashtag.
For example, the eBay e-commerce site encourages visitors to its profile to use the hashtag #ebayseller to be highlighted on their site.
- From your Instagram profile, click on the “Edit profile.”
- in the “”Biography”” section, add usernames and / or hashtags with the @ and # symbols
- Click on “Finish” at the top right of your screen when you are finished
- Instagram will make this # and @ automatically clickable
Find the right alignment for your biography
There are different ways to make your Instagram biography stand out, and having the right alignment or spacing can make all the difference. It may take several tests to get there, but the results will be truly original!
Note: you only have 150 characters for your Instagram biography, so be careful not to compromise your brand image by looking for the right alignment.
- Create your Instagram account from the “Desktop” version
- copy the space between the arrows below (be careful to copy the space inside, not the arrows themselves)
- Click on “Edit profile” on your Instagram account
- edit your biography and copy and paste the spaces (between the arrows above) between each line of text, and you can, of course, add/remove spaces to achieve the correct alignment
Concrete strategies to sell more with Instagram
Understanding how to drive traffic from Instagram to your storefront/e-commerce site to sell more is essential. The social network is full of many very useful features to grow your business, and with the right strategies, they can really allow you to generate more clicks & conversions. Throughout this article, we will share with you five concrete and effective strategies to generate more visits to your site with free or paid tools.
Take all the opportunities of the link in the biography
The link to your Instagram biography is very easy to find for your followers, making it an essential tool for driving traffic to your e-commerce. And the good news is that it is possible not to stop sharing a single link with the link in bio, you will be able to convert your entire Instagram feed into a landing page when you share your post.
A page listing the images posted on the account then allows us to click on one of them to access the linked content. Using the link in bio, the media redirects Instagram followers to its latest content by adding a call to action in the caption of the post.
The advantage of using this tool is that you will never have to worry about removing in the caption of your old post “Click on the link in the bio,” help you to make your content more accessible, even several months later.
The crucial role of calls to action
One of the best ways to generate more traffic from your biography link is to add calls to action explaining the value of the link. It will be especially important to add calls to action directly into your account biography, and it will only take a few minutes. With the addition of a dedicated line to encourage clicks, you could significantly boost the number of visits to your site.
Stories as a sales accelerator
It is possible to drive traffic to your site through Instagram Stories.
These constitute real opportunities for brands to connect with their communities on a more personal level, which is an asset to increase engagement and promote the development of awareness of products & services.
Regarding the generation of clicks to the site, two main options are available depending on your number of followers which can get from activeig.com:
- you have more than 10,000 followers; it is possible to add a “See more” functionality at the bottom of your Story which makes it clickable
- you have less than 10,000 followers, use the creation tools to encourage you to click on the link in the biography
Interactive stickers are also great opportunities to encourage users of the application to go to pages of your website.
Leverage Instagram Shopping
The integrated product purchase functionality is one of the most effective ways to promote access to your followers to your e-commerce pages, which often means generating more sales. With Instagram Shopping, you can identify items on your classic post and Stories, and link them to their corresponding pages on your business site.
To be able to add clickable product labels to your post & Stories, you will have to respect the criteria imposed by Instagram:
- be located in one of the 46 eligible countries
- have a professional account
- have the latest version of the application
- sell physical products following the rules imposed by Instagram
- be connected to a product catalog created on the Facebook Business Manager
Know how to promote content created by users
Do you make your customers happy with your products/services, and they talk about it on Instagram? Consider how you could integrate their content into your editorial line. It is another way to highlight your customers by creating good Instagram Stories.